II. Our commitment to your privacy
- How and why we collect certain information from you via the Website;
- How we use and with whom we share such information;
- How you can access and update such information; and
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your information.
III. Information we collect
A. Registration Information - In order to register for a Website Account, you must provide the following information:
- Your email address (which must be a functioning email address)
- A password
- A display name
Of these categories of information, we will not share or publicly expose your email address or site password.
B. Additional Information - You may provide us with additional information to make public, such as:
- A short biography
- A photograph that will appear as your profile picture
- A link you wish to appear on your profile, such as your blog or personal website
Providing any or all of this information is entirely optional.
C. Non-Personal Information - We also collect aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about you and your use of the Website, as described in more detail below, including by using "cookies," web beacons, local shared objects, or other types of tracking technology.
IV. How we collect information about you
We may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information about you in any one or more of the following ways:
A. Registering Your Account & Posting contents
In order for us to provide you with the ability to collect and post images or text posts to a personalized profile page on the Website, you must first create a user account our Website ("Account"). During registration, you are required to provide an email address and to create a password and a display name (your "Registration Information") or you can connect your existing social profiles in a safer way and we can automatically fetch the above mentioned information automatically with your approval.
Your profile is visible to any site visitor and to other users of the site, and will show your display name and any Optional Profile Information you have provided. Your email address will never be displayed.
B. Website interactions
You may be able to take part in certain activities on our website that give you the opportunity to communicate or share information not just with us, but also with other users of our Service. These include:
- Creating your post
- Logging in and out of the Website
- Posting images
- Collect images posted by other users
- Choosing to follow another user's profile
- Sharing pages/posts on other social networks
C. Cookies and automated non personal information collection
We use a technology referred to as "cookies" (or other similar technology), which are pieces of data on your computer tied to information about you which recognize you as a return user of the Website and help to provide a more personalized experience.
Like most standard website servers, we collect certain types of technical "Non Personal Information", including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, the referring domain, pages visited, search terms internet service providers (ISPs), and the number of clicks. We may also use web beacons, which allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
You may opt-out of receiving Cookies from third party advertising networks through a link to the Network Advertising Initiatives cookie opt-out page, which can be found here.
D. Third Party Advertisers
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. Please note that click stream data is anonymous and can include information such as your IP address, web pages viewed, the date and time at which those pages were viewed and interaction with content and advertisements on those web pages. Technologies used to collect this click stream data include cookies and Web beacons.
You may opt-out of receiving Cookies from third party advertising networks through a link to the Network Advertising Initiatives cookie opt-out page by visitng specific advertising networks.
V. How we use information collected from you
We may use Personal Information and Non-Personal Information collected from you in any one or more of the following ways:
A. How We Use Your Personal Information – the Personal Information we collect may be used as follows:
- To register and service your Account;
- For our internal records, tracking and business purposes;
- In order to contact you to respond to your questions or requests or to provide you with technical support;
- To provide you with information regarding changes to the Website which may affect your Account, your use of the Website, and/or the products and services available through the Website;
- To customize advertising that may be visible to you on the Website; and
B. How We Use Your Non-Personal Information - Non-Personal Information collected from you is used for various purposes, such as:
- To improve our products and services;
- To customize the user experience of the Website;
- To administer the Website;
- To analyze trends, track user movement and gather statistical information for aggregate use; and
- To customize advertising that may be visible to you on the Website.
VI. How to access and update your information
A. You can access and update the information that you have provided to QuoteForest.com as follows:
- You may contact us at QuoteForest.firstname.lastname@example.org and request to review, amend or delete your Personal Information collected by us, and/or request us to cease collecting Personal Information from you in the future.
- If you have created an Account, you may review and make changes to certain of your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information by logging into your Account and updating your Account profile.
VII. Links to third party web sites
VIII. Our policy towards children
A. This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from such children. Children under the age of 13 should not use our Website or our online services at any time. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from children under the age of 13, we will use reasonable efforts to erase such information from our records.
IX. Security of your information
A. We implement reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect the security of your information both online and offline, and we are committed to the protection of customer information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information to those employees we reasonably believe need such information do their jobs.
B. Your User Account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your User Account and that you immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your User Account.
C. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of the Website, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe (including your User Account password), and log out of your User Account after use.
XI. Changes to this policy